- Provide a concise statement describing your project purpose and goals
- How your project is unique and inclusive
- How your project benefits graduate students
- Provide a specifics about requests you are making to the GradLab for facility space, equipment, funding etc.
- Define how you plan to evaluate your program’s success
- Submit your program Pitch Your Project Request Form and provide a detailed budget for your program.
- Download the GradLab budget template make a copy and rename with the title of your project and submit via the form.
- Submit a completed Pitch Your GradLab Project form by the quarterly deadline.
- GradLab committee will screen proposals for eligibility given their adherence to the above criteria and their feasibility as a GradLab-supported program.
- Proposals that make it through the preliminary evaluation are put onto a ballot by the GradLab committee that is then circulated among the UCSC graduate student population, allowing the grad community to vote for/express interest in particular proposals.
- Student Vote Endorsed the Project
- Based on the grad community vote, the top three proposals in a given cycle are greenlighted as GradLab programs, with the approval of the GradLab committee, who holds final discretionary power.
- Principal moves forward with hosting the event and distribution of funding
- Caveat to the cycle (small programs): programs requesting less than $300 total from GradLab bypass the student survey for approval by the GradLab committee outside of the longer/normal cycle, and are therefore effectively fast-tracked.
Winter Quarter 2019: February 1, 2019
Spring Quarter 2019: April 15, 2019
Fall Quarter 2019: November 29, 2019